• Were happy to support our new Moms!! Enjoy the journey!
• Special thanks to Christie for her design talents in decorating the room, to Amy and many others for help with furniture movement into the space and to Chuck for birthing the idea! We hope all our new Moms are able to have the same great experience as Beth had.
• Last year, I had my 3rd daughter, Maryanne on April 3rd. I have breastfed all my children, but with this last one, I was able to do remarkably better than before, and I credit the Mothers Room at PROTEUS for part of that success.
• With previous pregnancies, I was working out of government offices, and they had mothers’ rooms that were far less convenient. Since they were in big buildings with lots of other nursing mothers, we had to share the room & schedule when we would be there. With meetings on and off throughout the day, it was hard to get to the room during my scheduled time. Often, I didn’t pump when I needed to, which leads to decreased supply.
• With my first two daughters, I was supplementing with formula by about 3 months, and they were weaned around 7 months. With the room here at PROTEUS, it is so convenient, I was able to maintain my supply, and exclusively breastfeed for 10 months. I’m so impressed with PROTEUS’ commitment to providing such a wonderful environment for nursing mothers. While it’s always hard to go back to work after having a baby, it’s great to have support from the workplace.